(Last Updated: November 7, 2013)
What is Privacy
Privacy is generally defined as an individual's right to maintain control over the collection, use and disclosure of his or her Personal Information.
What is Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information (data), whether it is oral, written or electronic, about an identifiable individual, or which allows the individual to be identified. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
A person's name
Age, gender, family and marital status
Identification numbers, such as a Social Insurance Number ("SIN")
A person's financial and employment information
A person's educational and employment history
A person's credit rating and payment records
A person's prior insurance and claims records and related policy information
Medical and health information
What is Not Personal Information
The name, title, business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information. Data in which all the personal identifiers have been removed, which either anonymizes or aggregates Personal Information rendering it impossible to determine the identity of the person to whom it relates, is also not Personal Information.
Why We Collect, Use or Disclose Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information to establish and service your needs. The types of Personal Information we collect, use or disclose vary with the products or services provided. Products and services provided by Link and its affiliates require that we collect the following Personal Information:
- Your Certificate of Insurance: Naming Link as a Certificate Holder, including insurance company, broker, policy number, expiry date and amount of public liability and cargo insurance
- Certain Canadian and US federal, provincial and state identification, documentation, driver, transport, vehicular and haulage licence, qualification, rating, bond, and other registration documentation, and related documentation, including, for example:
- Federal Highway Permit: MC and US DOT permits
- Canadian Operating Authorities
- Ontario CVOR
- Hazardous Materials Certificate
- US Federal ID#
- W-8 Form: Certificate of Foreign Status
- Province of Ontario Load Brokerage Certificate
- Property Broker's Surety Bond
- Federal Highway Freight Forwarders Permit
- IFTA Fuel Permit
- CAVR/Cab Card
- Registration /Vehicle Ownership
- Quebec NIR
3. Credit Reports -- credit checks will be completed and reports issued and posted on your company from multiple credit reporting agencies. The above information is collected from applicants and members of Loadlink and may be required from members of freightfirst.com as well as third party suppliers. This information is posted on our system and is accessible to all members to enable them to perform due diligence on a member prior to dealing with them.
When registering for the Driverlink service, the following Personal Information will be collected by way of our online application:
- Driving preferences and vehicle type
- Driver’s license number and type
- Driving training and record
- Employment history
- Driver qualifications (e.g., whether or not you can legally cross the Canada-US border to haul international loads).
This information can be accessed by employers that are subscribed to Driverlink.com for the purpose of finding qualified truck drivers.
Other Link Services
Other Personal Information that may be required for loadlink, freightfirst, driverlink, linktrak, linkdispatch, linkcredit, linkmedia, promiles and quickpay may include the following:
- Credit card numbers
- Bank account information, including bank, account manager, and account number
- Financial statements
We use this information to process payments and confirm the individual's payment history. This information is not disclosed to other subscribers.
Our Compliance with the 10 Privacy Principles
2. Identifying Purposes
We identify the purposes for which your Personal information is collected, used or disclosed at or before the time of collection. Personal Information may be collected, used or disclosed solely for the following purposes:
Purposes indicated in this Policy
As otherwise required or prescribed by law
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to Affiliates, other plan administrators, insurance companies, actuaries, consultants, and other persons, corporations or enterprises with whom Link enters into agreements, solely for the purpose of enabling us to provide our services in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
We will obtain your consent before disclosing your Personal Information, unless otherwise required or prescribed by law. You always have the right to choose whether to provide us with some or all of your Personal Information. However, by withholding or withdrawing your consent you may, in certain circumstances, prevent us, in whole or in part, from processing your benefits or otherwise continuing to provide you with products and services. Please contact the individual identified at the end of this Policy if you have questions or comments or wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
4. Limiting Collection
We limit the collection of your Personal Information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified. In certain circumstances, we may obtain Personal Information either from you, insurance companies, financial institutions, employers and local unions.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Your Personal Information will only be retained for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet any applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
We will keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected and used. You can assist us in ensuring your records are current by providing us with any changes to your Personal Information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information and amend it as necessary. You may do so by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address provided below.
We protect the Personal Information we collect from you with security safeguards that meet or exceed industry standards. Unencrypted, electronically transmitted information is not 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us electronically or that you request us to transmit to you via the public Internet. Our security systems and procedures are designed to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation or destruction of your Personal information. Only authorized Link employees and our trusted service providers have access to your Personal Information. Our external suppliers and service providers are contractually required to protect your Personal Information with appropriate security safeguards.
Information about our policies and practices relating to our management of your Personal Information is available by contacting our Privacy Officer at the address noted below.
9. Accessing Your Personal Information
Link will provide you with access to your Personal Information upon request, subject to applicable legal and business restrictions. For more information on how to access Personal Information collected about you by Link please contact the Privacy Officer at the address below.
10. Challenging Compliance
TransCore Link Logistics
Telephone: (905) 795-0580
Fax: (905) 795-0539